Skeletal remains are found by Irish police searching for the body of boy, 17, who was decapitated in a suspected gangland hit
- Irish police found the ‘partial skeletal remains’ in wasteland search in Drogheda
- Other body parts identified as belonging to the 17-year-old were found last year
- Detectives are also hoping to find weapons and phones used by the killers
Irish detectives investigating the suspected gangland murder of a teenager last year say they have found ‘skeletal remains’.
Police are searching wasteland in Drogheda as they probe the grisly killing in January last year, which led to other body parts being found in Dublin after the 17-year-old’s body was dismembered and decapitated.
On Thursday afternoon gardai said the ‘partial skeletal remains’ had been found in the search area, where a specialist technical unit was working behind a cordon.
As well as the teenager’s missing torso, detectives are hoping to find the weapons used to kill him and mobile phones used by his suspected gangland enemies.
Irish police officers head down a slope as they search wasteland in Drogheda where ‘partial skeletal remains’ were found on Thursday
Police were scouring the area in the hope of finding missing body parts as well as weapons and other equipment used by the killers
The search was taking place in wasteland close to the house where the teenager is thought to have died.
Dozens of gardai were involved in the search as their investigation continues nearly 14 months since the grisly killing.
‘We are looking for the weapons used in the crime, phones and evidence dumped in the clean up afterwards,’ a source told the Irish Mirror.
‘We would obviously like to find the young man’s torso, which is still missing. The other parts of his body were found.
‘The whole sorry episode took a lot of planning and so did the clean up afterwards.’
Dozens of police were involved in the latest search, which comes more than a year after the horrific killing which caused outrage in the country
Police search an area where they suspect evidence including mobile phones could have been dumped after the killing last January
A man in his 40s was charged with the teenager’s murder last year, but detectives believe that numerous people were involved in the killing.
Eight people have been arrested and questioned, while one has been charged with obstructing a Garda investigation.
The teenager who was killed cannot be named for legal reasons.
Some of his body parts, thought to include arms and a leg, were initially found in a sports bag in the Dublin suburb of Coolock last January.
Soon afterwards, more remains were found in a burned-out car near Croke Park and confirmed by DNA tests to belong to the teenager.
The killing caused outrage at the time and drew attention to the gang rivalry which authorities suspect was behind the murder.
It also became a topic of controversy in last year’s Irish general election campaign, with then-premier Leo Varadkar vowing to ‘get these people behind bars’.
The search was taking place in wasteland close to the house where the teenager is thought to have died
Vous aimer cet article ? Partagez-le avec un ami !
Vous pouvez lire l’article original ici
Votre soutien est essentiel pour nous permettre de vous partager une information libre & indépendante.
À l’ère de la censure de masse, pour que nous restions en contact, j’ai besoin que vous vous inscriviez à ma newsletter gratuite ➡️ ICI
Nous avons besoin de financements pour garder notre site en vie et ils proviennent presque exclusivement de la publicité. N’hésitez pas à regarder les offres de nos annonceurs pour lesquels vous seriez intéressé ou nous envoyé votre contribution via Paypal.