Days After Warning Biden About Sleeping In Peace, North Korea Launches Ballistic Missiles

Days After Warning Biden About Sleeping In Peace, North Korea Launches Ballistic Missiles

North Korea reportedly fired two ballistic missiles into the Sea of Japan Thursday, a little more than a week after the sister of leader Kim Jong Un warned the Biden administration about being able to “sleep in peace.”

Japan’s Defense Ministry confirmed that two short-range ballistic missiles were launched from North Korea and flew about 155 miles before falling into waters off the rogue nation’s east coast.

CNN’s report claims the missiles flew nearly twice that distance.

Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga called the ballistic missile test a “threat to the peace and security” to his nation and announced Japan “lodges its serious protest and strongly condemns.”

The Daily Mail adds that “U.N. Security Council resolutions ban North Korea from engaging in any ballistic activities.”

RELATED: White House Shuts Down Putin’s Live Debate Challenge – Biden Is ‘Quite Busy’

North Korea Challenging Biden With Missile Test?

The ballistic missile test by North Korea comes mere days after Kim Yo Jong, sister of Kim Jong Un, warned the Biden administration against the United States conducting joint military drills with South Korea.

“If it (America) wants to sleep in peace for (the) coming four years, it had better refrain from causing a stink at its first step,” Jong said.

The latest missile test is the second such effort by North Korea since Yo Jong’s comments, and the second in less than a week.

Last weekend, North Korea launched two cruise missiles, their first such missile firings since April of 2020.

President Biden dismissed the launch as “business as usual.”

Clearly, North Korea took umbrage with being shrugged off and upped their game by conducting a test banned by the U.N. Security Council. Are they sending Biden a message?

RELATED: Biden Defense Sec. Austin Warns North Korea: U.S. Forces Are Ready To ‘Fight Tonight’

Biden Admin Warns U.S. Is Ready to ‘Fight Tonight’

U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin last week responded to Kim Yo Jong’s threat by warning that American forces are ready to “fight tonight.”

“Our force remains ready to ‘fight tonight,’ and we continue to make progress toward the eventual transition of wartime Operational Control to a (Republic of Korea)-commanded, future Combined Forces Command,” Austin said.

“While meeting all the conditions for this transition will take more time, I’m confident that this process will strengthen our alliance,” he added.

The Daily Mail observes that relations between North Korea and the United States have soured of late.

“Relations between the U.S. and North Korea, once hailed as potentially promising after President Donald Trump’s three meetings with Kim, have been tense with no substantive contact for more than a year,” they write.

Even the Washington Post admits one “benefit of Trump’s summit diplomacy” with Kim Jong Un was “that the regime has refrained from detonating a nuclear device or launching a long-range missile since” they met in Singapore in 2018.

It is clear tensions are on the rise once again.

 

Now is the time to support and share the sources you trust.
The Political Insider ranks #16 on Feedspot’s “Top 70 Conservative Political Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2021.”

 



Vous aimer cet article ? Partagez-le avec un ami !

*********************************

Vous pouvez lire l’article original ici

*********************************

Votre soutien est essentiel pour nous permettre de vous partager une information libre & indépendante.

À l’ère de la censure de masse, pour que nous restions en contact, j’ai besoin que vous vous inscriviez à ma newsletter gratuite ➡️ ICI

Nous avons besoin de financements pour garder notre site en vie et ils proviennent presque exclusivement de la publicité. N’hésitez pas à regarder les offres de nos annonceurs pour lesquels vous seriez intéressé ou nous envoyé votre contribution via Paypal.